Thursday, February 23, 2012

Habits

Everyone has habits - some good, some bad, some peculiar, some normal, and some that raise a few eyebrows...
There are some habits that define what you are, and some that are next to nothing; but however they are - they are quintessentially a part of our lives.

And there is always that risk of a habit turning into an addiction - one must beware of that..
To quote myself - in my younger days; watching TV was a habit, and soon turned into an addiction. After a few years - came Social networking, and lo it happened again - starting as a habitual timepass and then turned addictive. Now, back to square one - started watching sitcoms, and now addicted !!!
But some other habits like reading books and disciplining work are placed at a high position and highly suggested.

Anyway, habits are catalyzed by different factors - peer inspiration, technology, information etc.
There were some habits that I picked up because of my friends - watching cartoons, a brief spell of stamp collection, collecting those game cards that came with confectioneries, having get-togethers, watching sitcoms etc.
But quite few come from within - notably reading books; a habit that I have seemed to have lost track these days..

There are some habits that are more suitably termed hobbies - watching movies, playing some games, fiddling with your phone, travelling etc. These are the things that bring variety to life - and are heavily advicable. One can also quote Giving Free Advice Without Practicing as a hobby here; which I feel is the direction in which this post is going :D

Time - but of course, is the major factor that decides what and how your habits are. Habits grow, change, modify, and end with time. Sleep habits, to illustrate - Until I came here, I used to be an early sleeper and early waker. Now it has become late sleeper and late waker. As noticed, the notion of time is multitude when I said it affects habits..

Coming to the present - there are many habits that I have developed: chatting with friends, ranting to study, laptop-sleep-eat-laptop cycle, and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Ohh.., I just realized I dont have many, and certainly not ones that are appreciated !!

Here is an interesting illustration of what habits constitutes of:

 
To end the article - here is one habit that I can be proud of - Blogging :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment