Monday, June 11, 2012

Mother's Birthday Celebrations and some Resolutions

Back in Bombay, but heart still at Bangalore - so here is another narrative that occurred back home. There was one post with reference to my Dad, this one is for my Mom.



I must say my mom had a rather lavish birthday this time around - took her and my brother to Pizza Hut and McD; and also bought her a thing or two she had wanted for the home. Well, the latter went fine, but the former did not go as well as expected....

Apart from the general disapproval of first time tasting - all 3 of us were definitely discontent about the plan. If its just plain old onions and tomatoes on a batter that you get for that much money; anybody would have the same reaction; unless you are willing to just throw off money. This experience definitely re-instilled my views on pizzas as a waste of money.
So resolution 1 - never eat pizza (mom's perspective) or eat it only when its treated (my perspective ;)). 
It also happened to be a learn by experience moment...

The other part went just well - got some kitchenware that was needed; this time definitely money well spent. So resolution number 2 - always give preference to useful gifts first, rather than going out to some eat-out place. We had such a system in our college friend circle - and it works great !

And the obvious thing - malls are not the best places for family outings; hotels are convincingly better! There might be different views on this, but this is where my stand is....

No comments:

Post a Comment