Monday, February 4, 2013

Facebook reboot

Long boring weekend ahead - You have to catch up with the course project, but you don't intend to; you are bored with the sitcoms and movies on your computer and not in the mood of watching; and lazy that you are - you don't want to go out...
Given this situation what can be done ?
Well, I created a new facebook profile and archieved the old one - for I am obsessed with it and can live without but not want to !


Few things that I observed:
  1. Not many people care why you do it. They just accept the request thinking - Obviously this guy has nothing better to do!
  2. A few people do - and either accept the request thinking the old profile was hacked or deactivated; or reject the request suspecting phony account.
  3. Even lesser people actually ping and ask whats up with the whole thing. Although the primary reason I believe to be is the Kannada name...
  4. Reduction in number of troll posts - the social networks are so very trolled these days!
  5. Whatever be the reason - its actually a good way to reduce the number of 'friends' you have - my count: 543 to ~250.

The question remains - Why did I create a new account ?
Silly as it sounds - I did that to remove the non-existent 'Rao' in my real name :D

So here is my suggestion - Want to have the thrill of something new but at the same time reinvent the wheel ?
Delete your old facebook account and create a new one - Start afresh, get rid of some of the old things and keep what is needed.

And catch me on my new facebook account:

No comments:

Post a Comment