Saturday, February 2, 2013

A January of Grand Nothingness

People have lazy Mondays or lazy weekends or lazy holidays - but I had a whole lazy January !!
A rather unpleasant start to a new year - and faced the heat on the last day from my Prof. !


So what did I do the whole month - NOTHING, absolutely nothing !
Whole days went in youtube, facebook. movies, and lots and lots of sleep... 
Not that the time waste is something unique - but it just got amplified this time around - so much that its become a real concern.

Unlike earlier times where some work used to happen - this time no efforts - all time went in waiting for the moment of realization - the sudden spark that comes around where all priorities get straightened up, I get up and go promptly to do the project etc etc - alas, that Magic doesn't ever happen !

Apart from the no work debacle - one other thing I tended to do was thinking of far future, and ignoring the imminent one: "Hey, I will do this after joining Oracle, I should be buying so-and-so stuff, go to such places" etc where the current important thing to do is to sail through the MTP !

So, January did not go well - and all blames on me for that. Went to my Prof. to finally meet him after roughly 2 months - so one can expect the reaction to that. Got advice from a lot of friends to stop all this fooling around and concentrate on work - yet to do that.
And was so very lazy that I did not even write a blog post !! 

Closing words - No promises, one should not do any promises that do not have the intent to be kept behind them...

No comments:

Post a Comment