Thursday, January 26, 2012

How things change - Talking to Teachers

Here is yet another of my personal experiences that depict how certain good things have become sort of normal in academic life.

In the good old school days - talking to teachers was fun. I am not sure whether thats a general opinion, but I would be quite eager to speak to them; probably because back then our teachers were quite caring and gave attention..

Later on came PU college - with a class that was more seasoned with tuitions; and me not in that rat race; the only reason for going to class and listening to teachers was the syllabus. Talking to teachers was only a matter of staying on par - a Talk on Need basis; but there wasnt anything that would pull back and not let me talk to them.

Then came the professional world - Engineering.
Some of today's hurdles started surfacing here. For reasons both known and unknown - I was not in the list of those who were keen on talking to teachers. If at all there were talks, it was about seminars, projects and stuff. There was never perhaps the ideal reasons such as gaining knowledge, learning from their experience etc etc..

And now Mtech - most of it is B.E reloaded, except that the interactions with the professors is minimal. Quite naturally, the reason for this would be that I am perhaps intimidated by their stature. And more importantly observed - if you generally approach a Prof with a problem, you come back with more problems!!

Hmm, there does not seem to be a lucidity in this post; possible after-tremors of meeting a Professor :D 

3 comments:

  1. I think your interaction with AVS has made you to right this blog :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we ever speak to AVS outside his classes ??
    Enlighten me Santhosh..

    ReplyDelete