Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 roundup

Last day of an eventful year...
2012 had some interesting and some boring moments; but overall was a fine one..

I must say that I have been enjoying the single academia life; while a lot other friends have now become neck-deep corporate busy..

Going ahead in M.Tech - done with the third semester - finished up with the quota of subjects, started off with the M.T.P, and got placed too..
Looking back though - what seemed to be the most critical sem of my life turned out to be one with lot of lazyness and easy-going - atleast thats how I took it most of the time..

2 subjects - ACA and ALA; of 3rd sem were two courses that I attended less and bunked more - and eventually passed out. Whats more, I had to attend the course for which I had been the T.A - which I did gladly - more than the number of classes of these two combined :D

MTP - well, its more or less on the track. Somehow cleared phase 1; and phase 2 has been in stasis for over a month. I can say Proportional Efforts Theorem went for a toss during implementation !!

Placements - well, lucky there to be placed on second day - that too in the first company I interviewed for..
That did generate a feeling of why the hell I had to write so many other tests - if I were not supposed to try for them anymore. And also the Google Test never served as a wake up call...
And a general representation of the placement season was well captured thus (Courtesy +Sampreet Sharma  and transitively thereafter for the pic...) :



In other news:
* Turned 23.
* On and off Jogging, making resolutions that were not met, and To-Do lists that were not done.
* Consistent youtubing, facebooking and screwed up sleep cycles.
* Another season of monsoon and Lan-Ban went by.
* Visited Bangalore around 3 times - soon coming back for good(well, mostly..)
* Due to increased storage needs - got a 1TB portable hard disk(and now wondering if that is sufficient..)

Life out of IIT - not much to say. Been to a few places like the Nehru Science Centre, Elephanta,  Hiranandani, Bandra-Worli Sea Link, Haji Ali etc. 
And two senior-junior parties earlier on in the year - and as per IITB tradition, they are going to happen again; probably at the same places - with our batch on the other end of the table.. 

So there ends 2012 - making way for 2013.
Ending note - one of my favorite realizations:



No comments:

Post a Comment