Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Giving Up syndrome

As a man of immense personal experience, here is me sharing a few thoughts/rants on the classical art of giving up, of being the opposite of "When the going gets tough, the tougher get the going" thing!


The first sentence gives a fair idea that this is going to be a boring post - that I am writing for no obvious reasons. Hoping that it does not kill too much time of the reader..

The issue starts small - not wanting to spend 10 more minutes on a problem, postponing a homework until the deadline comes, bunking a class because it is boring etc. And slowly it hogs on the bigger things - things like courses and decisions. Laziness acts as a great catalyst to it!

Coming to personal experience - dropping Mrudamgam learning, leaving cisco( afraid of commiting to work life so jumping back to the familiar raft of education - somehow sounds like 'giving up' inside my head!!), and the impending doom - MTP. For the past months, I have been kind of avoiding the project and meeting my guide - now leading to the Give Up stage: Time to turn hypocritical and hope that there is some higher power to help me out :D :D

Anyway, I am not the self-advice or advice others kind - and there are tons of material out there that help people in getting out of it. However, I do want to say one thing before giving up on this give up post - once it sets in, it is tough to get rid off!
Thus ends another pointless post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment