Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Journey is better than The Destination...

This week started out just like any other, but ended in what probably is a good note..

Had a partial 2 way skype with my cousin - and well, it was a Deja Vu of my skype chat with Prashanth.
Still in the lookout for a proper skyping !!!

And Independence day was quite special - I woke up early that day !
Not to lighten up the sanctity of the day, but I felt sort of regular and punctual for atleast a day in my independent living..
It was as always patriotic to witness Flag Hoisting and recital of the national anthem :-)


And most of the week went heavy on the academics, with the Profs announcing when they are planning to take the quizzes and all; with me still in search for the inspiration to study !

Chinese effect - Looks like there is something special happening between me and chinese food. Whatever sounds interesting in the canteen happens to be Chinese; and I end up eating it for over an hour :D
Last time it was Chinese Bhel, and this time it was Triple Rice o_O !

But anyway, found out that the canteen guys are from Karnataka, and speak Kannada too :-)

Eventful Friday evening -Had finally gone out after 3 long weeks(and had to walk a hell lot for that!)

School Nostalgia - Met school friends Pavan and Chhaya, marking the occasion of Pavan coming to Bombay..
Discovered the 'posh' side of Powai on the way - big huge buildings, gardens, magnificent Powai lake...

Bengaluru reloaded - Oh yeah, totally reminded of Bangalore. Bus travel, traffic over flyovers, lot of apartment constructions, tech parks and IT companies(didnt know there were any here...), slow moving buses in a sea of traffic jam, malls, window shopping :D
Destination: Infiniti Mall, Lokhandwala

Late by just 1 and a half hours, it was a definite change I needed; and speaking to old friends and all that nostalgia is always fun :-)

Midnight Lonewalker - Reached back IITB at 12.30 AM in the night ! - count that too as an experience..
Also noticed that Bombay operates 24/7 - buses, autos, trains - all run past midnight as well..
IITB Main Road - Beyond Midnight!!
Phonetastic - Had a lengthy conversation with Tabrez today - more than half an hour..
I think that is one of my personal records :-O !!
Had also called up my grandparents after a long time !

Last Note - What does the post title correspond to ??
Though it may seem referring to the Friday travel, it has a lot more..
.
.
.
Officially declaring now that since I am pretty much settled here at IITB(the destination); and this blog is all about my experiences(the Journey); you are probably going to see far few writings from now on..

No comments:

Post a Comment